This beautifully-decorated semi-detached chalet, to rent in the quiet residential Chamonix area of Les Tines sleeps up to 8 people. Only 250m from the bus and train station, it is set in a quiet but convenient location. The bright and spacious living area is cleverly positioned on the upper floor to make the most of the incredible uninterrupted views from the Drus to the Mont Blanc and beyond. There is a first-floor balcony and ground floor terraces to both the front and the rear, making this a lovely sunny place to spend your holidays.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
All of the bedrooms and bathrooms are situated on the ground floor, as follows:
- Double bedroom with double bed (160 x 190cm), wardrobe, ensuite bathroom, glass door to garden terrace with views of the Mont Blanc Massif
- En-suite bathroom (shower, single sink, hairdryer and WC)
- Double bedroom with double bed (170 x 190cm), wardrobe, glass door to garden terrace with views of the Mont Blanc Massif
- Separate bathroom (bath with stand-up shower, double sink, hairdryer, no WC)
- A guest toilet is situated next to the separate bathroom
- Double bedroom with views to the rear
- Bunk bedroom with bunk beds for 4 people (90 x 180cm), wardrobe, chest of drawers, storage box, windows with mountain views, en-suite bathroom
- En-suite bathroom (with shower, single sink, hairdryer and WC)
If you wish to travel with children under 2 years old, just let us know and we will provide one or two high chairs and one or two folding travel cots (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
Stairs lead upstairs from the entrance on the bedroom floor, into a bright and spacious open kitchen/living/dining area. There is underfloor heating throughout the bedroom floor, and electric heating in the upstairs areas.
The kitchen is equipped with everything you might need for holiday catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, electric coffee machine, kettle, toaster, oven, fridge-freezer and induction hob. Fondue and raclette sets re available for a traditional Alpine evening amongst friends or family. Washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board are all available for you to use.
In the underground garage is plenty of space to store all of your mountain equipment and even dry your boots on the ski-boot dryer.
The uptairs balcony has fabulous views of the Mont Blanc and there are terraces to the front and rear on the ground floor. Table & chairs are provided along with a couple of deck-chairs for you to make the most of this outside space.
It's so easy to relax in the mountains, especially when everything is so convenient. Back at the chalet after a thrilling day exploring the pistes, trails and rocks, you can continue to admire the stunning beauty of the Mont Blanc chain from the windows. The living room with its high, vaulted ceiling and feature fireplace is a delightful place to relax with family or friends, perhaps turning on some music, the television or maybe choosing a DVD. In summer, a BBQ and outdoor table provide you with the opportunity to enjoy the tranquillity of this calm location and listen to the birdsong coming from the nearby trees. Walking in nature can be incredibly relaxing at all times of year, especially early in the morning or late in the afternoon. Footpaths from outside the chalet lead to the Chamonix Golf Course, the Paradis des Praz, the lakes of Praz and more.
Chalet les Tanneries is equipped with WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We’re sorry but Chalet les Tanneries is strictly a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly apartments if you would like to travel with your pet, no matter how small.
Parking for two cars in the underground parking next to the chalet, and parking for further cars is possible in the shared parking area by the chalet, subject to availability. Winter tyres and/or snow chains are legally-required in winter (from November 1st to March 31st). Contact us for help finding railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only 75 minutes drive from Geneva Airport and can easily be reached by transfer bus.
You won't need a car during your stay as the stop for the public bus (line 2) and train (SNCF) is only 250m from the chalet. If you don't buy a skipass, you can purchase a transport card to use the buses and trains in the valley during your stay. Using this card, you can reach the main ski / hiking /biking area of Flegere (2 minutes) or Chamonix Centre (10 minutes), and in the other direction you can reach the main ski areas of the Grands Montets (7 minutes) and Le Tour (14 minutes). There are plenty of hiking and biking routes accessible on foot nearby. The cross-country ski tracks are just 300m from the front door. It is only a 5 minute walk to Chamonix Golf Course and to the magical "Paradis des Praz" summer area for kids in the forest, with its playground and accessible natural water features, along with a charming summer cafe.
Arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 18 years, and children from 0 to 17 years.
- access to discounted activities, including ski rental, skipasses and tandem paraglider flights (conditions apply)
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit - instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 EUR). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Please note: from January 2024, free transport cards are no longer issued to use the buses and trains in the valley without additional payment.
- Firewood not included (the chalet has underfloor heating, and for environmental reasons we do not encourage use of the fireplace in order to minimise the air pollution in our beautiful valley).
- Dogs and other pets not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival - if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 29 EUR per person.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers face since the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
Chamonix Chalet les Tanneries
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Holiday house in Chamonix-les-Tines, Mont-Blanc, France for 8 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area, close to restaurants and bars, at 4 km from Chamonix and at 1 km from Lacs des Praz.
The house has 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 2 levels. The vicinity of places to shop, sports activities, entertainment facilities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this a fine holiday house to spend your holidays in France with family or friends.
Interior of this holiday home
- 2 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- washing machine and tumble dryer in the kitchen
- open kitchen with induction cooker, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer
- Nespresso machine, electric filter coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster
- fondue set, raclette machine
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 4 bunk beds (measuring 190 by 90cm) and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with queen size bed (measuring 190 by 160cm) and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with queen size bed (measuring 190 by 160cm)
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with double washbasin, bath/shower combination and hairdryer (no toilet)
- separate toilet
Exterior of this holiday home
- balcony with beautiful view (60m2)
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 2 private covered parking spaces and 2 communal parking spaces
- skislope and skilift within 2 kilometers of the house
- nearest town Chamonix (within 4 kilometers of the house)
- nearest golf Chamonix (5 minutes walk)
- nearest riverbank or shore Lacs des Praz (within 1000 meters of the house)
- nearest beach Lac de Passy (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest playground/park Paradis les Praz (5 minutes walk)
- nearest airport GVA (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport Chambery (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus (Les Tines) within 200 meters and train (Les Tines) within 200 meters of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- floor heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Facilities and services at extra charge
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Chamonix-les-Tines, Mont-Blanc
- cinema, discotheque, nightclub, bar and amusement park (Domaine des Planards) (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- wild life park (Parc de Merlet) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Chamonix-les-Tines, Mont-Blanc
- museum (Musée Alpin), church (Eglise des Praz) and historic place (Aiguille du Midi) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis, golf (Chamonix Golf Club), skiing, cross country skiing, hiking, climbing, rafting and fishing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 0
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet les Tanneries in Chamonix-Mont Blanc are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.