A delightful semi-detached chalet to rent in Chamonix with incredible views of the Mont Blanc range. Nestled in the highly sought-after location of Les Praz de Chamonix Chalet des Surelles is near to the golf course and is situated an easy 8 minute walk to the brand new high-speed Flegere telecabins. The chalet sleeps up to 7 in four bedrooms, and was refurnished by an interior designer in 2021.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The four upstairs bedrooms are laid out as follows:
- Double bedroom with private balcony and Mont Blanc views
- Double bedroom with views to the rear
- Twin bedroom (one bed slides underneath the other to make more space when needed) with low ceiling, open to the roof beams, with views to the rear
- Single bedroom with low ceiling open to the roof beams and Mont Blanc views
There are two bathrooms upstairs, one with bath & overhead shower, sink and WC, and one with shower and sink. A guest toilet is situated by the chalet entrance on the ground floor.
Chamonix Chalet des Surelles is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The downstairs of this well-thought-out chalet is an open kitchen/living/dining area with comfortable sofa space and doors to the lovely garden area. The kitchen is equipped with everything you might need for holiday catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster, oven, fridge and hob. Fondue and raclette sets are available for a traditional Alpine evening amongst friends or family. A hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use. There is a kit area to store all of your mountain clothing. The underground garage area is fitted with a washing machine, dryer and separate freezer. There is plenty of space here to store all of your skis and outdoor equipment. Outside in the garden is a patio area with table & chairs, a wooden swing/slide set and plenty of space for sunbathing or building igloos on the lawn.
The chalet has a fabulous position in the prestigious Chamonix suburb of Les Praz, near to the Chamonix Golf Course and with enviable views of the Mont Blanc range. A short walk home from the brand new high-speed Flegere telecabin and you can be home sipping a glass of local wine on the new sofas before you have stopped talking excitedly about your day in the mountains.
The sofas in the living room are a comfortable place from which to admire the views, or you switch on the large smart TV and scan through the European channels or watch your favourite Netflix series.
In summer, the delightful garden is a pleasure with its flat lawn area and wooden swingset. A BBQ and outdoor table provide you with the opportunity to enjoy the tranquillity of this calm location and listen to the birdsong coming from the nearby trees.
Chalet des Surelles is equipped with WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Chalet des Surelles. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50 EUR payable on arrival. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
Parking for two cars in the underground parking next to the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains are legally-required in winter (from November 1st to March 31st). Contact us for help finding railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only 75 minutes drive from Geneva Airport and can easily be reached by transfer bus.
You won't need a car during your stay as the public bus stop is only 200m from the chalet and takes you to the main ski / hiking /biking area of Flegere (2 minutes) or to Chamonix Centre (14 minutes), and in the other direction you can reach the main ski areas of the Grands Montets (9 minutes) and Le Tour (18 minutes). A free transport card will be provided for you to use the buses and trains in the valley during your stay. There are plenty of hiking and biking routes accessible on foot nearby. It is only a short walk to the magical "Paradis des Praz" summer area for kids in the forest, with its playground and accessible natural water features, along with a charming summer cafe.
Arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 18 years, and children from 0 to 17 years.
- a free transport card is provided for each person to use the buses and trains in the valley.
- access to discounted activities, including ski rental, skipasses and tandem paraglider flights (conditions apply)
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit - instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 EUR). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood not included (the chalet has toasty underfloor heating throughout, and for environmental reasons we do not encourage use of the wood-burning stove in order to minimise the air pollution in our beautiful valley).
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50 EUR per dog stay, where allowed by exception upon demand). If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival - if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 29 EUR per person.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
Chamonix Chalet des Surelles
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Lovely and romantic holiday house in Chamonix, Mont-Blanc, France for 7 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area, close to a golf course and at 0,5 km from Lacs des Praz.
The house has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 2 levels. The accommodation offers a lawned garden with trees and wonderful views of the valley and the mountains. The vicinity of places to shop, sports activities, entertainment facilities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this a fine holiday house to spend your holidays in France with family or friends and even your pets.
Interior of this holiday home
- 2 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television (orange)
- utility room with washing machine
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with single bed (measuring 200 by 80cm) and trundle bed (measuring 200 by 80cm)
- 2 bedrooms, each with queen size bed (measuring 200 by 160cm)
- bedroom with single bed
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- lawned garden with trees
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- private covered parking space
- skislope and skilift within 1000 meters of the house
- nearest town: Chamonix (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lacs des Praz (within 500 meters of the house)
- nearest beach: Lac de Passy (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Paradis les Praz (within 1000 meters of the house)
- nearest airport: GVA (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: Chambery (within 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 500 meters and train within 1000 meters of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- floor heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Facilities and services at extra charge
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Chamonix, Mont-Blanc
- bar (within 1000 meters from the house)
- cinema, discotheque, nightclub and amusement park (Domaine des Planards) (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- wild life park (Parc de Merlet) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in Chamonix, Mont-Blanc
- church (Eglise des Praz) (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- museum (Musée Alpin) and historic place (Aiguille du Midi) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- golf (Chamonix Golf Club), skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis, cross country skiing, climbing, rafting and fishing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 0
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet des Surelles in Chamonix-les-Praz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.