A charming ski-in & ski-out three-bedroom apartment on two levels, right opposite the Bellevue ski-lift in Les Houches.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, the apartment sleeps up to 7 people.
On the main living floor there is a bedroom with double bed, built-in wardrobe and en-suite shower room (fitted with shower and sink).
Upstairs there are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom (with bath/shower, sink and WC). One of these bedrooms has a double bed and chest-of-drawers. The other has two single beds plus a third bed which pulls out from underneath one of the other beds.
High chair and folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old are available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, an additional mattress is not provided with the cot.
The main living space of this well-situated apartment is an open kitchen/living/dining area with double-height windows facing the skilift in the direction of Mont Blanc.
The kitchen is equipped with everything you might need for holiday catering, including a dishwasher, microwave, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle, toaster, oven, fridge and hob. Fondue and raclette sets are available for a traditional Alpine evening amongst friends or family. A hairdryer, washing machine and iron are available in the apartment for you to use.
There is an indoor ski locker to store your ski equipment overnight. Outside is a seating area.
Apartment Kandahar is equipped with WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Apartment Kandahar. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50 EUR payable on arrival. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
Parking for one car in the underground parking below the apartment. A second car could be parked in the shared parking spaces outside (subject to availability), but any additional vehicles would need to be parked several minutes walk away. Winter tyres and/or snow chains are legally-required in the French Alps in winter (from November 1st to March 31st). Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The apartment is only 75 minutes drive from Geneva Airport and can easily be reached by transfer bus.
Just outside the apartment you'll find the Bellevue ski lift, ski rental, restaurants, a cheese shop and more.
You won't need a car during your stay as the public bus stop is just outside the apartment. A free transport card will be provided for you to use the buses and trains in the valley during your stay. There are plenty of hiking and biking routes accessible on foot nearby.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen & towels and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 18 years, and children from 0 to 17 years.
- a free transport card is provided for each person to use the buses and trains in the valley.
- access to discounted activities, including ski rental, skipasses and tandem paraglider flights (conditions apply)
Not included in the price:
- We do not debit or hold any money for the breakage deposit - instead you will be asked to sign a credit card slip on arrival for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 EUR). The slip will be destroyed when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- There is no fireplace in the apartment
- There is no cable-TV so the TV channels are all in the local language (French)
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50 EUR per dog stay). If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price – if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request. Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival - if you require a change of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 29EUR per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings so we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
Les Houches Apartment Kandahar
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Lovely and comfortable ski-in and ski-out apartment in Les Houches, Mont-Blanc, France for 7 persons. The apartment is situated in a mountainous area, close to restaurants and bars and shops, only 50 m from the skislope and the Bellevue skilift and less than 1 km from Lac des Chavants.
The apartment has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 2 levels. The vicinity of places to shop, sports activities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this a fine apartment to spend your holidays in France with family or friends and even your pets.
Interior of the apartment
- 2 level apartment
- living/dining room with television and DVD player
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- washing machine in the kitchen
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 2 single beds and trundle bed
- bedroom with double bed and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with double bed
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin and shower
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of the apartment
- private covered parking space
- skislope and skilift within 50 meters of the apartment
- nearest town: Les Houches (within 50 meters of the apartment)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac des Chavants (within 1000 meters of the apartment)
- nearest beach: Lac de Passy (within 25 kilometers of the apartment)
- nearest park: Parc des Chavants (within 1000 meters of the apartment)
- nearest airport: GVA (within 100 kilometers of the apartment)
- second nearest airport: LYS ( > 100 kilometers of the apartment)
- public transport: bus within 50 meters and train within 2 kilometers of the apartment
- smoking not allowed
- pets allowed
- The building where the accommodation is situated has en elevator.
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the apartment
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- electric heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Facilities and services at extra charge
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in Les Houches, Mont-Blanc
- bar (within 100 meters of the house)
- amusement park (Domaine des Planards) and wild life park (Parc de Merlet) (within 10 kilometers of the house)
Sights and culture in Les Houches, Mont-Blanc
- museum (Musée Montagnard des Houches) and church (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- historic place (Aiguille du Midi) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- tennis, skiing, cross country skiing, hiking, mountainbiking, cycling, climbing and fishing (within 1000 meters of the apartment)
- rafting (within 10 kilometers of the apartment)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Apartment Apartment Kandahar in Les Houches are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.