This luxury penthouse apartment is a rare treat in La Tzoumaz: 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, ski-in and ski-out access, and an easy walk to the town centre. The 220m2 Penthouse benefits from fantastic views across the valley and to the mountains up to 20km away. The large windows of the open living / dining area were specially designed to make the most of this ever-changing vista. There is a handy shuttle lift that takes you up to the piste so you don't have to climb the steep hill to reach it in your ski-boots. In summer this is an easy access point to reach the hiking and mountain-biking trails.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
The apartment comfortably sleeps 12 in five spacious bedrooms. On the main floor, which also comprises the open kitchen/living/dining room, there are two double bedrooms & two twin bedrooms, each with their own en-suite bathroom. Three of the en-suite bathrooms have a sink, shower and WC. The other bathroom has a sink, bath with hand-shower and WC.
The fifth bedroom is up a flight of stairs and comes complete with four single beds, private bathroom, bean-bags, TV and games console. When used as a child’s dormitory, this room transforms into a magical play space in the rafters. As this room has limited head room in some parts and 76cm-wide beds it is ideally suited to children, but not exclusively so. The private bathroom has a sink, bath with hand-shower and WC.
The La Tzoumaz Penthouse is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
In the granite-topped kitchen you will find all the equipment you may need for holiday catering: fridge, oven, hob, kettle, toaster, microwave, blender, electric filter coffee-machine and Nespresso coffee-machine, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. The wooden dining area has seating for 14 people. Hairdryers and an iron are available for you to use, and there is a shared (coin-operated) washing machine and dryer available in the building.
Down on the parking level there is a ski-storage locker with integral ski-boot dryers where you can change out of your shoes and into your ski-boots. From here a shuttle cabin on rails will take you up the 80m climb to the piste, from where you can ski 500m down to the ski-lift. At the end of the day, (or perhaps even at lunchtime!) you can take the shuttle cabin back down to the ski-storage locker and store your equipment until the next day.
Relax into a Chesterfield sofa or a leather armchair in the large living / dining area after another day on the slopes, watch a Satellite TV programme or a DVD on the flat-screen television, listen to music, or simply sit on the balcony and admire the beautiful panoramic views that face the apartment. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond. A second table area in a charming bay window makes a great space for some quiet reading or a game of cards. There is a selection of games to keep the children entertained (and perhaps the adults...) although the children will probably spend much of their free time hiding upstairs in the children's room with its TV, games console and fun, shuttered windows which overlook the main living area! The apartment is ideally situated for a wander around the resort centre to discover its sprinkling of bars, restaurants and playground.
The Penthouse is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
Two underground parking spaces are included. Car not necessary in winter due to proximity to ski-lifts, restaurants and supermarket. Contact us for airport or railway transfers. There is no possibility to charge electric vehicles in the underground parking, however there are two Tesla destination chargers 500m away in the main village centre car park (parking fees apply).
This penthouse apartment is ski-in and ski-out. During the ski season, you only have to step into the shuttle cabin down on the car park level and you are carried the 80m uphill to the piste. From here you only need to ski 300m down the main piste to arrive at the Savoleyres telecabin. At the end of the last run of the day, don't forget to stop before the end and hop into the shuttle cabin to be carried the last 80m to your door. The main piste is not accessible to complete beginners, who would need to walk the 300m to the ski-school meeting point at the telecabin.
The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- firewood (fair use)
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy 15% discounted ski lessons and rental (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Penthouse Apartment les Matins de Saint-Laurent
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Beautiful and luxury penthouse apartment in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 12 persons. The apartment is situated in a mountainous area, close to restaurants and bars and supermarkets, only 50 m from the skislope and 500 m from the skilift.
The apartment has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, spread over 2 levels. The vicinity of sports activities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this a fine apartment to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends.
Interior of the apartment
- 2 level apartment
- living/dining room with television
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms
- cable television
- kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 2 single beds, television and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 2 single beds and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 4 single beds, television and DVD player
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath, toilet and hairdryer
- 3 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of the apartment
- 2 communal garage spaces
- laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- skislope 50 meters from the apartment
- skilift 500 meters from the apartment
- nearest town: La Tzoumaz (within 50 meters of the apartment)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the apartment)
- nearest park: Defis de la Riviere (within 3 kilometers of the apartment)
- nearest airport: GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the apartment)
- second nearest airport: ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the apartment)
- public transport: bus within 500 meters and train within 25 kilometers of the apartment
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The building where the accommodation is situated has en elevator.
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of the apartment
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- game console (Wii)
- floor heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 500 meters of the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 100 meters of the apartment)
- tennis, climbing (within 5 kilometers of the apartment)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the apartment)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the apartment)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Apartment The Penthouse Matins St Laurent in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.