A gorgeous and modern luxury chalet built in 2017, with plenty of space for a fabulous holiday for two families, or between friends. Sleeping 8 to 10 people in five comfortable bedrooms, it is a great choice for a self-catered ski chalet holiday, or a summer hiking & biking getaway.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
The chalet comfortably accommodates eight people in luxurious comfort. It has five bedrooms, each with TV, so could sleep up to 10 people in full-sized beds. Three of the bedrooms are twin bedrooms, one is a double bedroom and the other bedroom has bunk beds for two people. There are four bathrooms (two with a bath) and a sauna. On the middle (living) floor there is a Guest WC.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Grand Roi is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The main living floor has a wonderful double height dining area that opens onto a lounge area with amazing views and a stone fireplace. The open kitchen is fully-equipped with all that you might need such as oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher and fridge/freezer. There is a kettle, toaster, electric filter coffee machine and Nespresso coffee machine. Raceltte and fondue sets are available for you to enjoy a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. There is underfloor throughout the chalet. The utility room has washing machine, tumble dryer and iron. A ski-boot dryer is available to ensure you have warm and dry ski-boots every day.
When you get home from a full day in the mountains, why not unwind in the sauna before settling into a comfortable seat for afternoon tea? You can send the children downstairs to the separate games room, or upstairs to play on the mezzanine area, and there is flatscreen TV in all the bedrooms. It's difficult not to relax when you see the beautiful and ever-changing views from the chalet. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, which tower 2000m over the Rhone Valley floor below. When the snow is falling, you can watch it drifting slowly past you, as it settles over the traditional village of Iserables across the nearby valley. The large balcony is perfect for some morning yoga or stretching, and the private garden area is ideal for sunbathing and barbecues.
Chalet Grand Roi is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but Chalet Grand Roi is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
Parking and access
There is parking for all of your cars just below the chalet, at the base of the access steps that lead through the garden up to the chalet. A 4x4 vehicule or winter tyres and/or snow chains necessary in winter due to frequent snowfalls. At least one car is advisable in both summer and winter. Alternative parking can be found 60m away.
Although the chalet is 2km by road from the ski-lift and village amenities, you’ll be happy to hear that there is a short-cut that gets you there on foot in less than 350m. The narrow mountain footpath climbs up through the countryside and takes you towards the supermarket & bakery, then to the telecabin. Of course it is possible to follow this route home in good conditions and reach the chalet on skis.
Comfort-lovers may opt for a short (2 km) drive to reach the ski-slopes, where there is ample free parking, whilst the more energetic members of the party may choose to hike the 350m directly up to the ski area on foot. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of private sauna
- firewood (fair use)
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy 15% discounted ski lessons and rental (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per dog stay, where allowed by exception upon demand)
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Grand Roi
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Modern and cheerful holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 8 people (or 10 with children). The house is situated in a mountainous area.
The house has 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 3 levels. The vicinity of sports activities and places to go makes this a fine holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends.
Interior of this holiday home
- 3 level holiday house
- living/dining room with hifi and ipod docking station
- fireplace in living/dining room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television
- entertainment room
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- open kitchen with induction cooker, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with queen size bed (measuring 190 by 160cm), television and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 2 bunk beds (measuring 190 by 90cm) and television
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm) and television
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm) and television
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm), television, DVD player and bathroom en-suite
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with double washbasin, bath, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with shower
Exterior of this holiday home
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 5 communal parking spaces
- skislope and skilift within 2 kilometers of the house
- nearest town: La Tzoumaz (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Defis de la Riviere (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 1000 meters and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- please consult if pets are allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- game console (Wii)
- floor heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- tennis, skiing, hiking, mountainbiking, cycling and climbing (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1219600
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet Grand Roi in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.