A beautifully furnished spa chalet to rent in La Tzoumaz Chalet Kudu has a sauna and outdoor Jacuzzi to soothe away any stress and tensions. With its elevated position overlooking breathtaking views, the main living room has huge double-height glass windows that expose the panoramic views that stretch for miles across the Rhone Valley and to the snow-capped peaks beyond. From the bright and spacious open plan kitchen with its convivial bar area, to the open plan living/dining room with a large and comfortable sitting area, and the separate TV room, this chalet is designed to create the perfect mountain atmosphere for your adventurous holiday or peaceful retreat.
Bedrooms and bathrooms
With five bedrooms and four bathrooms, this chalet is ideal for 10 to 12 people. There are three double bedrooms, each with a balcony and en-suite bathroom (two have a bath with overhead shower, basin and WC. The other has a shower, basin and toilet). The other two bedrooms (a twin room with two 200cm x 90cm beds and a quad room with four 200cm x 90cm bunk beds) share a bathroom with bath and overhead shower, washbasin and WC.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Kudu is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years of age, and a second is available on request on arrival. Please note that according to the manufacturer's safety instructions, extra mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The main floor of the chalet has a very large open kitchen, living and dining area. The modern kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to accommodate up to twelve people, including an oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso and Delizio coffee machines, wine fridge, electric filter coffee machine, fridge and two-drawer freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening by the fire. Washing machine and dryer, hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are available. The boot room is equipped with boot dryers to keep your ski or mountain boots warm and dry for the next day's adventures.
Relax in the sauna after a hard day on the slopes, or soothe your aching muscles in the jacuzzi on the terrace and listen to the birds singing in the nearby forest, or watch the shooting stars pass overhead. You can have a drink at the bar, relax on the large sofa in front of the fireplace or retreat to the TV lounge to watch one of the many DVDs on the flat screen, but you'll have to try not to be distracted by the beautiful and ever-changing views that span from every angle. When the sky is blue, the view stretches for 20km, to the peaks of Haut de Cry and Mont Gond, and in the other direction to the Vallon d'Arby, from where good skiers can return to the resort.
Chalet Kudu is equipped with a free high-speed WIFI connection for your private use.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets at Chalet Kudu. Please note that in order to cover the extra cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of CHF 50 per stay. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure that we can accommodate them.
There is one parking space next to the chalet and space for a further three or four cars 20 metres from the chalet in a parking area on the access road to the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains are required in winter due to the frequent snowfall. It is advisable to have at least one car in summer and winter. Contact us for train or airport transfers.
The free ski bus (approx. 200 m from the door) takes you the 2 km to the Savoleyres gondola in a few minutes. The modern high-speed gondola takes you from La Tzoumaz to the top of Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to return to the quiet slopes of La Tzoumaz or head down to the legendary slopes of Verbier and the world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
You will have the opportunity to purchase discounted ski passes and lessons and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking with us for the winter holidays (December to April).
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of private jacuzzi (from the day after your arrival)
- full use of private sauna
- credit card charges
- firewood (fair use)
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy discounted ski lessons (15%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per dog stay)
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Kudu
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Large and cheerful holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 12 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area.
The house has 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, spread over 4 levels. The vicinity of sports activities and places to go out makes this a fine holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends and even your pets.
Interior of this holiday home
- 4 level holiday house
- living room with television, DVD player and BlueRay player
- living/dining room with hifi and ipod docking station
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 3 balconies
- 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- cable television
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 4 bunk beds (90 by 200cm)
- bedroom with king size bed (180 by 190cm) and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with queen size bed (160 by 200cm)
- 2 bedrooms, each with queen size bed (160 by 200cm) and bathroom en-suite
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- private parking space
- skislope and skilift within 2 kilometers of the house
- nearest town: La Tzoumaz (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Defis de la Riviere (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 1000 meters and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- floor heating
- sauna and outdoor jacuzzi
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- hiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis, skiing, mountainbiking and climbing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1203100
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet Kudu in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.