!!! Now with jacuzzi & sauna !!!
An incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the stunning mountain-scape of La Tzoumaz, Chalet la Chance sleeps up to 12 people in 5 large bedrooms. Newly renovated and completely refurnished in 2022, the chalet now features a fabulous 6-seater jacuzzi on the terrace with stunning views, and a sauna. It's only a few minutes walk from the ski slopes and the summer hiking and mountain-biking trails. You’ll immediately feel the spaciousness of this gorgeous chalet when you enter, as even the entrance areas are generous and welcoming. From the huge double-height glass windows that dominate the living area, or from the comfort of the wide balcony terrace area, the view stretches for 20km across the Rhone Valley and up to the snow-capped peaks beyond. Equally well-situated for summer and winter activities, this is a fabulous year-round chalet in a great location. The sauna and jacuzzi are a real treat at the end of an active day in the mountains.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
All bedrooms and bathrooms were fully renovated for 2022. There are four spacious double bedrooms on the ground floor as follows:
- Bedroom 1 (Double bed, built-in wardrobe, en-suite shower room, patio doors with access to grounds, views across the valley)
- Bedroom 2 (Double bed, built-in wardrobe, en-suite shower room, patio doors with access to grounds, views across the valley)
- Bedroom 3 (Double bed, wardrobe, patio doors with access to grounds, views across the valley, shared bathroom with Bedroom 4)
- Bedroom 4 (Bunk beds for 4 people, chest of drawers, patio doors with access to grounds, side views, shared bathroom with Bedroom 3)
The final bedroom is upstairs on the top floor:
- Bedroom 5 (Double bed, exposed roof beams, closet on the landing, separate shower room, view to the rear).
Chalet la Chance is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
In total there are four bathrooms and one Guest WC:
- Bathroom 1 (En-suite to Bedroom 1, shower, sink, WC)
- Bathroom 2 (En-suite to Bedroom 2, shower, sink, WC)
- Bathroom 3 (Shared by Bedrooms 3 & 4, bath with overhead shower, sink, WC)
- Bathroom 4 (Near to Bedroom 5, shower, sink, WC)
- Guest WC (situated on the main living floor)
The main floor of the chalet is a large open space comprising the kitchen, living and dining areas, complete with double height windows and underfloor heating. The fully-renovated chef's kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for catering for twelve people, including double oven (one with integrated microwave), hob, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, electric filter coffee machine and double fridge-freezers. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening amongst friends and family. Washing machine, tumble dryer, hairdryers, iron and portable outdoor charcoal barbecue are all available for you to use.
There is an office area for those unable or unwilling to leave work or social media behind during their stay in the this relaxing chalet.
The entrance hall is a spacious zone to organise all of your mountain sports equipment and ensure that it is warm and dry for the next day of adventures.
After an exhilarating day on the slopes, a soak in the outdoor jacuzzi or a hot sauna session can ease tired muscles and help you prepare for the next day on the mountain. Alternatively you could take a seat in the impressive living room to sip a glass of local Fendant wine before dinner. Enjoying a traditional fondue or raclette amongst friends or family is a fantastic opportunity to swap stories from the day, before you relax into the sofa to watch the snowflakes drifting lazily past the stunning vista beneath you. For those in need of further distraction there is cable TV in the living room, and a sofa area for quiet reading or playing games upstairs on the open mezzanine area overlooking the living room.
There is a large grassed lawn area to the side of the chalet, ideal for building igloos in winter or soaking up the warm Valaisan sunshine in summer.
In summer this chalet is perfect for relaxing with family or friends, thanks to its large balcony terrace area, with lounge chairs. Coming home from yet another incredible hike on the many trails that wander lazily across the beautiful mountain scenery, you can relax and immerse yourself in the surrounding birdsong as you prepare a delicious outdoor barbecue. In the evening if you step outside onto the balcony that wraps around three sides of the chalet you will almost certainly hear the distinct sounds of cuckoos maybe even spot a golden eagle flying beneath you as it wings across the valley.
Chalet la Chance is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI throughout the chalet for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is a single parking place for one car (maximum 5m long) outside the chalet. For safety reasons, only vehicles with 4x4 that are fitted with 4 winter tyres are permitted to park here in winter, due to steep and snowy access road. Up to three further spaces are available 100m away. Winter tyers and/or chains are recommended to access these spaces in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Alternative parking is available in a large outdoor (free) carpark, 600m from the property. At least one car is recommended when staying in this chalet, but do contact us for railway or airport transfers if some of your group are arriving without a car.
It is possible for adventurous skiers to to ski-in and ski-out of the chalet - there is a steep 50m climb up through the garden to reach the piste. In fresh snow you will need to make your own path as you climb up. Alternatively, you can walk (or drive) 400m to the main piste that descends into La Tzoumaz (uphill in the morning and downhill in the evening).
The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area. Take advantage of our discounted ski lessons and equipment rental during your stay, and the convenience of our in-house skipass printing service.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of private jacuzzi (from the day after your arrival)
- full use of private sauna
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy 15% discounted ski lessons and rental (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- There is no fireplace at the property
- No smoking allowed in the property
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet la Chance
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Beautiful and luxury holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 12 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area and within 500 m of the skislope.
The house has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 3 levels. The vicinity of sports activities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this an ideal holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends.
Interior of this holiday home
- 3 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- mezzanine area
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- open kitchen with induction cooker, electric and microwave oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 4 bunk beds
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed and bathroom en-suite
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 2 private parking spaces
- skislope within 500 meters of the house
- skilift within 1000 meters of the house
- nearest town La Tzoumaz (within 1000 meters of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park Defis de la Riviere (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus within 1000 meters and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- floor heating
- sauna and outdoor jacuzzi
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 1000 meters from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 500 meters of the house)
- tennis and climbing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1132200
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet la Chance in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.