This luxury five-bedroom, five-bathroom chalet with jacuzzi is a rare treat in La Tzoumaz – ski-in and ski-out access, and an easy walk to the town centre! From the moment the automatic garage door opens to allow you into the snow-free underground parking, everything has been designed with skiers in mind: the parking is linked first to the chalet level and then to the piste by a 70m shuttle cabin on rails that easily climbs the near-vertical mountainside, so that you don’t have to! This is what makes Chalet La Couronne ski-in ski-out. No more struggling onto a ski-bus with arms full of children’s skis and poles, and no need to walk a long way in your ski-boots. There’s also no need to clear snow from your car in the mornings as you can just park it indoors and forget about it until it’s time to go home. In fact, you really don’t need a car if you’re staying here in the winter. Due to its elevated position, Chalet La Couronne benefits from fantastic views across the valley and to the mountains up to 20km away. The large windows of the open living / dining area were specially designed to make the most of this ever-changing vista.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
With its five bedrooms and five en-suite bathrooms, this chalet is ideal for up to 13 people. Downstairs are two double bedrooms, each with attached bathroom (fitted with shower, sink and WC). On the main living floor is a twin bedroom with a vaulted ceiling and attached bathroom (fitted with bath and overhead shower, sink and WC). On the top floor there are two large bedrooms (one with three single beds, of which one can also be used as a sofa, and the other with two single beds and two single bunk beds) with en-suite bathrooms (one fitted with shower, sink & WC and the other with bath and overhead shower, twin sinks & WC). La Tzoumaz Chalet la Couronne is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The main floor of the chalet is a large open space with separated zones for the kitchen, living and dining areas. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for catering for thirteen people, including double oven, induction hob, dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, electric filter coffee machine, full size fridge and separate freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Washing machine, tumble dryer, hairdryers, iron and portable outdoor gas barbecue are all available for you to use.
At the end of a ski day, you can stop off at the Bar des Etablons for an apres-ski vin chaud, then ski home the final 250m to the shuttle cabin. The jacuzzi on the terrace is a fabulous place to unwind after a good day in the mountains or to admire the stars twinkling over the stunning views. Once inside, you’ll really appreciate the underfloor heating throughout the chalet, but that might not stop you from lighting the fire to add to the cosy glow of an alpine evening overlooking the village and the surrounding snow-capped mountains.
Adults and younger guests will all find something of interest amongst the following technology provided in the chalet:
- 65” LED SmartTV with full internet functionality (Netflix, Zattoo, Amazon Prime...)
- Full international cable TV
- BluRay DVD player
- Wii, with balance board, 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks, ‘Family Ski’ Wii Fit and Wii Sports games software
- High end sound system with Sonos and bluetooth (living area)
- High-speed wireless internet
If you want to head out to one of the resort bars or restaurants, you can just take the shuttle cabin down to the parking level and walk 5 or 10 minutes to the town centre. If you fancy a day off from skiing, you won’t be bored because of the La Tzoumaz luge piste near the chalet – you can use your lift pass to ride up to the top of the Savoleyres telecabin with your sledge. Please note that it’s better to rent a sturdy one from the resort as there are 10km of sledge runs between the top of the telecabin and the bottom!
Chalet La Couronne is equipped with free WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but this is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly rentals if you would like to travel with your pet.
There is one parking space in the shared underground car-park on the premises. From here, a shuttle cabin carries you 30m uphill to the chalet. In summer there is also space for two cars outside the chalet, and additional parking is available only 150m away all year round, in a lay-by on the main road. Car not necessary in winter due to proximity to ski-lifts, restaurants and supermarket. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
This chalet is ski-in and ski-out! During the ski season, you only have to step into the shuttle cabin outside the chalet and you are carried the 40m uphill to the piste. From here you only need to ski 300m down the main piste and you arrive at the Savoleyres telecabin. At the end of the last run of the day, don’t forget to stop before the end and hop into the shuttle cabin to be carried the last 40m down to your chalet. The main piste is not accessible to complete beginners, who would need to walk the 300m to the ski-school meeting point at the telecabin. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- full use of private jacuzzi (from the day after your arrival)
- firewood (fair use)
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy discounted ski lessons (15%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet la Couronne
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Beautiful and luxury holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 13 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area, close to restaurants and bars and supermarkets, within 50 m from the skislope and within 50 m from the skilift.
The house has 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 3 levels. The vicinity of sports activities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this an ideal holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends.
Interior of this holiday home
- 3 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- open kitchen with induction cooker, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 200 by 90cm), 2 bunk beds (measuring 190 by 90cm) and bathroom en-suite
- 2 bedrooms, each with queen size bed (measuring 200 by 160cm) and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 200 by 90cm) and bathroom en-suite
bedroom with 3 single beds (measuring 200 by 90cm) and bathroom en-suite
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with double washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
- 3 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- 2 terraces
- gas barbecue
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- communal enclosed covered parking space
- skislope and skilift within 50 meters of the house
- nearest town: La Tzoumaz (within 500 meters of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Defis de la Riviere (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 500 meters and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- game console (Wii)
- floor heating
- outdoor jacuzzi
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 500 meters from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- tennis, skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- climbing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1249500
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet la Couronne in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.