Ideally situated in central La Tzoumaz, this chalet overlooking the main telecabin departure point is accessible on skis. The supermarket, restaurants bars and children's playground are all just a few steps away.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
This five-bedroom, two-bathroom chalet comfortably sleeps up to 12 people as follows:
- A family bedroom with double bed, curtained area with two single beds, en-suite bathroom (Bathroom 2), mountain views
- A double bedroom, sloping roof (low-height), chest of drawers, mountain views
- A children's bedroom with double mattress and single mattress, sloping roof (low-height), desk, mountain views
- A double bedroom, sloping roof (low-height), views to the rear
- A single bedroom, sloping roof (low-height), views to the rear
- Bathroom 1: main floor, shower, sink & WC
- Bathroom 2: en-suite to family room, bath and overhead shower, sink & WC
- Guest WC: upstairs
The chalet is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you might need for family or group catering, including a dishwasher, electric filter coffee machine, kettle, toaster, oven, hob and separate freezer. There are fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire, and hairdryers in the bathrooms. A washing machine and dryer are available for you to use. Each room is fitted with thermostatically-adjustable central heating radiators. The entrance area is designed to store all your mountain equipment and ensure it is warm and dry for the following day.
Coming home from a day in the mountains, it is a real pleasure to ski (or mountainbike) right back to the apartment! Once inside, the open double-height living area is perfect for an aperitif, a fondue, or an in-depth planning session for the following day of activities! On a blue-sky day, the views stretch 20km away to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond. The covered balcony off the living area is set up for relaxation and dining and has lovely views of the countrside and the mountaintops beyond. In summer, you'll be surrounded by birdsong, and in winter, the silent sound of softly drifting snowflakes. If you are in need of distraction, there is a TV st up with Zattoo to offer international channels over the WIFI network.
PLEASE NOTE - There is a separate, self-contained studio downstairs with access to the lower covered balcony. This studio is occupied in winter.
Chalet la Grange is equipped with high-speed WIFI for your own private use during your stay.
We would be delighted to welcome your pets to Chalet la Grange. Please note that in order to cover supplementary cleaning costs, pets are charged at a rate of 50 CHF per stay. If you are travelling with more than one large or two small dogs, please contact us to ensure we will be able to accommodate them.
Parking and access
The chalet is accessible on foot only, via an uphill footpath (approx 130m long) that climbs up 30m in elevation through the mountainside. Whilst there are no parking spaces specifically reserved for the chalet, there are plenty of parking spaces available in the free outdoor public car park 300m down the road from the chalet footpath. Luggage unloading is possible at the side of the road by the the chalet footpath. Winter tyres and/or snow chains sometimes necessary to reach the village in winter due to frequent snowfalls. Car not necessary during your stay due to proximity to ski-lifts, restaurants and supermarket - contact us for airport or railway transfers.
Chalet la Grange is ski-in and ski-out, as it is situated near the bottom of the main piste, at the departure point of the main telecabin. Good skiers can follow the tracks through fields and gardens to reach the chalet from the piste, or to reach the telecabin lift from the chalet. Beginners would need to walk down to the ski school meeting point opposite the lift station. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- an eco-friendly welcome pack (new for Winter 2023/4)
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy 15% discounted ski lessons and rental (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Firewood (22 CHF per 20-25kg crate from the agency, or from the supermarket)
- Dog cleaning fees are not included (50CHF per dog stay, where allowed by exception outside of winter)
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
- PLEASE NOTE that there is a separate, self-contained studio downstairs with access to the lower covered balcony. This studio is occupied in winter.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
Free cancellation* for any reason within 7 days of booking.
– More than 90 days before arrival – 95% refund
– From 30 to 90 days before arrival – 70% refund**
– Less than 30 days before arrival – 10% refund**
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based on 100% of the price you paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and otherwise the refund of booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet la Grange
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Lovely and cheerful holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 12 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area, close to restaurants and bars and supermarkets, only 50 m from the main skislope and the main skilift.
The house has 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 3 levels. The vicinity of sports activities, places to go out, sights and culture makes this a fine holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends and even your pets.
Interior of this holiday home
- 3 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- covered balcony
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee machine, electric kettle and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- family bedroom with double bed, 2 single beds and bathroom en-suite
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed
- children's bedroom with double mattress and single mattress
- bedroom with single bed
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, bath/shower combination, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- outside sitting area
- skislope and skilift within 50 meters of the house
- nearest town La Tzoumaz (within 50 meters of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park Defis de la Riviere (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport bus within 50 meters and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner
- bed linen and towels
- central heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 500 meters from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 1000 meters from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- tennis, skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 50 meters of the house)
- climbing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1083400
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet la Grange in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.