A delightful 5-bedroom ski-in chalet that sleeps 11 people across three floors of living space. Situated at the edge of the forest, numerous beautiful and varied hiking paths leave from the front door of the chalet. The huge, open kitchen / living / dining area has windows on all sides and benefits from magnificent panoramic views of the valley and the mountains beyond. Ample space at the entrance hall and further storage in the garage help you to easily manage and organise all the skiing or biking equipment from several families or a large group.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
There are five spacious bedrooms that can comfortably sleep up to 11 people. On the top floor there are two double rooms, a twin room and two large bathrooms. Downstairs there is a third large bathroom, a further double bedroom and a TV-lounge bedroom furnished with a single bed, and a double bed raised up over the single. There is an additional guest WC on the main floor near the living area.
La Tzoumaz Chalet le Chapeau is equipped with a high chair and a wooden baby cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second (folding) travel cot is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The kitchen is fully fitted to meet the needs of your holiday cooking, including a fridge/freezer and a double oven with induction hob. There is a dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, electric coffee-machine, Nespresso coffee-machine, plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. Washing machine, dryer, hairdryer, iron and portable outdoor barbecue are all available for you to use.
Relax in the corner bath tub after a hard day on the slopes, or sit on the balcony and listen to the birdsong from the nearby forest. You can relax in front of the fire and watch one of the many DVDs on the flat-screen from the comfortable sofas in the living room, but you'll have to try not to be distracted by the beautiful and ever-changing views that can be seen from every angle. On a blue-sky day, the view stretches 20km, up to the peaks of the Haut de Cry and the Mont Gond, and in the other direction up to the Vallon d'Arby from where good skiers can ski home to the door. Bring your smartphone or MP3 player to hook up to the stereo system in the living area, or browse through the available CDs. Older children will love the privacy of the downstairs TV-lounge bedroom, with its sofa and up to 3 sleeping options. It also features a second television with cable channels in French and German. A number of toys and games are provided for younger children.
Chalet Le Chapeau is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We’re sorry but Chalet Le Chapeau is strictly a pet-free property. The owner has severe allergies, so if any dogs are found on the premises the reservation will be immediately cancelled. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
At least one car is advisable in both summer and winter. Parking for 2 or 3 cars outside the chalet. Winter tyres and/or snow chains required in winter due to steep access road. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
The chalet is only 500m from the ski-route that follows the main road to the Etablons apres-ski bar and joins the main piste down to the telecabin. This ski-route is suitable for all except complete beginners, who would need to walk or drive to the beginners ski area at the Etablons apres-ski bar. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- an eco-friendly welcome pack (new for Winter 2023/4)
- firewood (fair use)
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy discounted ski lessons (15%) and rental (15%) and have them ready for your arrival (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs are strictly not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
Free cancellation* for any reason within 7 days of booking.
– More than 90 days before arrival – 95% refund
– From 30 to 90 days before arrival – 70% refund**
– Less than 30 days before arrival – 10% refund**
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based on 100% of the price you paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and otherwise the refund of booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet le Chapeau
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Large and nice holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 11 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area and within 500 m from the skislope.
The house has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 3 levels. The vicinity of places to shop, sports activities and places to go out makes this a fine holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends.
Interior of this holiday home
- 3 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television, DVD player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television
- utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- open kitchen with induction cooker, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator-freezer, coffee machine and electric kettle
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with king size bed (measuring 190 by 180cm) and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with single bed (measuring 190 by 90cm), bunk bed (measuring 190 by 140cm), television and DVD player
- 2 bedrooms, each with queen size bed (measuring 190 by 160cm)
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm)
- en-suite bathroom with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with single washbasin, bath, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- bathroom with double washbasin, bath, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 3 private parking spaces
- skislope within 500 meters of the house
- skilift within 2 kilometers of the house
- nearest town: La Tzoumaz (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Defis de la Riviere (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 2 kilometers and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- floor heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis and climbing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1191100
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet le Chapeau in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.