A truly fabulous luxury chalet to rent during winter or summer in La Tzoumaz, Chalet Number 58 sleeps 10 to 12 people in 5 spacious bedrooms. The chalet has been decorated by a British-based designer to give a modern, homely twist on a traditional mountain theme. Designed with families and groups in mind, there is a large open kitchen / living / dining area with a fabulous stone fireplace and a breakfast bar. One of the bedrooms on this floor doubles as a separate games/cinema room. A large rustic dining table seats up to 14 people, and the cinema set-up includes a 42-inch (107cm) LCD TV with surround sound. The chalet is easily identified from within the telecabin by its signature flag, so you can wave at anyone left behind on the balcony as you head up for another run!
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
On the lower level, the large master bedroom has a large comfortable double bed, doors to the outside terrace and direct access to the large family bathroom with bath, double size shower enclosure, twin his'n'hers sinks and WC. This bathroom can also be accessed from the corridor. There are two further twin rooms on this lower floor, one with access to the terrace and a private en-suite shower room with sink & WC.
On the upper level there are two further bedrooms, one large twin with en-suite shower room with sink and WC, and a final twin with two single beds, a double sofa-bed, wide-screen TV with DVD and PS3. There is an additional guest WC on this level.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Number 58 is equipped with a high chair and a folding travel cot (bedding not provided) suitable for children under 2 years old, and a second is available on demand on arrival. Please note that in accordance with the manufacturer's safety instructions, additional mattresses are not provided with the cots.
The open kitchen area has all that you would need to cook for large groups, including double oven, hob and separate freezer. There is a dishwasher, microwave, kettle, toaster, electric filter coffee-machine, and Nespresso coffee machine plus fondue and raclette sets for a traditional Swiss evening in front of the log fire. An iron and hairdryer are available, and there is a portable barbecue for outdoor use. There is a washing machine in the technical room with space for drying.
The chalet has a dominating, elevated position above the village, so benefits from a stunning view across the nearby valley to the distant mountain peaks beyond. Sitting comfortably on one of the deck-chairs on the balcony, you can watch the telecabins steadily gliding past with their charge of skiers or mountain-bikers, or contemplate the tiny cars as they crawl across the Rhone valley floor several kilometers distant. In summer, the garden area provides you with the opportunity to enjoy the tranquility of this calm location and listen to the birdsong coming from the nearby wooded area. Don't forget to bring your PS3 games if you want to enjoy the PlayStation (2 games provided). If you want to indulge in some apres-ski, the Etablons bar is only a short 500m walk from the chalet.
Chalet Number 58 is equipped with free, high-speed WIFI for your own private use.
We're sorry but Chalet Number 58 is a pet-free property. Please browse our selection of pet-friendly chalets if you would like to travel with your pet.
At least one car is advisable in both summer and winter. In summer, there is parking for 2 or 3 cars next to the chalet. A 4-wheel drive vehicle is best in summer, and a 4-wheel drive with winter tyres and/or snow chains is required to access these spaces in winter due to the steep and snowy access road. Alternative parking is available 50m from the chalet if you do not have a 4-wheel-drive vehicle. Contact us for railway or airport transfers.
In good conditions, good skiers will be able to ski down 100m across the gardens and fields to reach the main Savoleyres telecabin, and later follow the tracks across the countryside to ski-in to the chalet at the end of the day. For all other levels of skier, the main piste, the sledge run, the Etablons chairlift and the beginners' ski area can all be reached after 500m walking or driving along the main road. Following the main piste down from this area takes you to the main Savoleyres telecabin. The modern high-speed telecabin carries you from La Tzoumaz up to the top of the Savoleyres in less than 8 minutes, from where you can decide to ski back on the quiet La Tzoumaz slopes or ski down to Verbier’s legendary slopes and world-class off-piste opportunities in the vast 4-Valleys ski area.
In the peak summer season (from early July to late August), we provide you with free VIP pedestrian lift-passes, half-price mountain-bike daypasses and a range of other discounts. The telecabin link to Verbier operates daily at this time of year from 08:45 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 16:45, meaning that you can easily access the famous resort as a pedestrian, or accompanied by your bicycle or e-bike. For a small supplement you can even use a variety of mountain lifts to make your way up to Mont Fort at 3300m for the highest fondue in Europe and incredible mountain panoramas that include Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
In summer, the area turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise, with hundreds of kilometres of marked trails criss-crossing the mountains, awash with alpine flowers and a range of wildlife to spot. Visit the Maison de la Foret with its wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail, and the starting point of many beautiful hikes. The Bisses are relatively flat footpaths that follow the water as it trickles around the mountainsides, where for centuries farmers and villagers channelled the streams for their own uses. They have been preserved and can now be an incredible way to spend a day or more on easy hikes with stunning views across the Rhone Valley or over to the Massif des Combins. We will provide you with plenty of tourist information including our favourite suggestions for day trips that are easily reachable from La Tzoumaz, from spectacular gorge walks, cheese factories and roman festivals to rainy-day ideas such as underground lake tours. The road that winds up the mountain-top to the panoramic Croix-de-Coeur Cafe-Restaurant opens as soon as the snow melts and from here you can continue the drive (or cycle) all the way down into Verbier. Try not to miss the Swiss National Celebrations in La Tzoumaz on August 1st, or the famous festival of live music performances, the Verbier Festival, which runs from mid-July to the beginning of August.
The centre of La Tzoumaz benefits from an outdoor ice-skating rink in winter, and a children's playground area in summer, with a rope-based agility park alongside more traditional equipment such as slides. A fun channel system with running water is built into the hillside to provide plenty of entertainment for older children too.
At the exit of the village the Domus playground is a fabulous spot, often bathed in late afternoon sunshine, with swings, a zipline, see-saw, climbing frames and even old tractors to clamber on. It is overlooked by an outdoor cafe (check opening hours) providing drinks, snacks and ice-creams. There are rabbits, donkeys, goats, and there is also rock-climbing on the local crag in the background (contact us for equipment and instructors).
The Maison de la Foret has a cafe area for drinks and snacks (check opening hours), wildlife exhibitions and its Five Senses Nature Trail with hands-on activities to borrow such as bird-whistling and learning to draw. The Nature Trail has disabled parking and is accessible to wheelchairs and children's buggies.
Right at the top of the village is the "Defis de la Riviere", which is equipped as an outdoor physical challenge area for older kids on the river. There are sensory walking areas for younger children and a basket swing, and also a picnic spot nearby.
A short drive down the valley takes you to the large lake at the Parc des Iles, with its playgrounds, high-ropes park, minigolf, restaurant, miniature train and more.
The total price is composed of a one-off non-variable cost (per booking) to cover final cleaning, bed-linen and towels, and other one-off fees, plus a nightly rental rate (per night) and nightly tourist taxes (per adult/child and per night), plus website fees (site-specific).
This total price includes the following:
- our warm welcome and support during your stay
- beds made up for your arrival with our bedsheets and towels
- firewood (fair use)
- credit card charges
- electricity & heating
- final cleaning
- tourist taxes for the number of adults/children stated at time of enquiry/booking. Please note that due to the inclusion of tourist taxes in the calculation, the price varies according to the number of people who will stay. Adults are classed as over 16 years, and children from 6 to 15 years. At the time of booking there is no need to declare (or pay for) children under 6 years old on the date of travel, however please mention them in the "Special Requests" box so that we can include them in our arrival preparations.
- free summer lift passes for the number of adults/children stated at time of booking (early July to late August)
- the opportunity to buy 15% discounted ski lessons and rental (conditions apply) after booking a winter holiday with us (December to April).
Not included in the price:
- On arrival we will ask for a credit card pre-authorisation for use in case of breakage unpaid at departure (up to 1000 CHF). The deposit will be cancelled when no unpaid damage is found after your departure.
- Dogs not allowed
- Only the exit cleaning is included in the base price so if you wish to have extra cleaning during your stay then this can be arranged on request.
- Bedding and towels are provided for your arrival. If you require an extra set of bedding and towels during your stay then this can be arranged for 22CHF per person.
- Standard arrival is from 16h00, and departure is by 10h00. Early Arrival from 14h00 can be purchased for 50CHF up to one week in advance of Saturday arrivals in winter and peak summertime.
We operate a strictly "first-paid = first-reserved" basis for bookings which means we cannot guarantee availability beyond what you see on this online booking portal and so we recommend you confirm within 48h in order to secure the reservation. You can book and pay by credit card right now through the secure online booking portal using the link on this page. 50% of the total amount is due upon reservation and the remainder is payable 2 months before arrival.
We recognise the difficulties and uncertainties that many of our travellers are facing due to the global COVID 19 crisis. At the same time, we have to balance the needs of our travellers with the needs of our chalet owners, so we have updated our cancellation policy as follows:
1. Free cancellation in advance
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2022 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to sixty days before travel.
- For all arrival dates until end of November 2023 we are offering free cancellation* for any reason up to ninety days before travel.
2. Free cancellation in the event of new government rules
After expiration of the free cancellation period, in case new government rules occur which block the vacation, for example a requirement to quarantine either during the vacation or on return home, or a restriction in the number of people who can meet together, or a forced closure of the whole ski area related to COVID-19, then we would offer a full refund* providing that the vacation is cancelled within 14 days of the new rules being announced.
In case the clients wish to maintain the reservation even when new or existing rules would block the reservation from happening, then a cancellation fee of 50%* will apply if these reservations are subsequently cancelled.
3. Balance transfer in case of infection or contact
If the party is not able to travel due to individual quarantine (based on infection or case of contact) we will transfer the full amount of your booking to an alternative date of your choice.
4. Standard cancellation conditions
After expiration of the free cancellation period, the following conditions apply* in all circumstances not covered by exception above, including non-restrictive reasons (such as a precautionary principle, increase in testing or vaccination requirements or recommendations not to travel, etc.) or a non-governmental reason (personal reasons, non-COVID illness, etc). We recommend you ensure that you are properly insured against these risks.
- Less than seven days before arrival – 10% refund**
- From seven to thirty days before arrival – 20% refund**
- From thirty to ninety days before arrival – 85% refund
*Please note that our refund policies do not cover the fees paid to any booking website, as these fees are beyond our control so we can only refund based 100% of the price paid if you book directly with 4vallees4saisons, and the refund of any booking site fees must be requested separately from the booking site.
**If we are able to resell the holiday to another client, we can increase your refund to a maximum of 85%, depending on the resale amount achieved.
La Tzoumaz Chalet Number 58
Brought to you by 4vallees4saisons
Beautiful and luxury holiday house in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees, Switzerland for 10 to 12 persons. The house is situated in a mountainous area, within 500 m from the skislope and within 500 m from the skilift.
The house has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet, spread over 2 levels. The vicinity of sports activities and places to go out makes this an ideal holiday house to spend your holidays in Switzerland with family or friends.
Interior of this holiday home
- 2 level holiday house
- living/dining room with television, DVD player, BlueRay player and hifi
- fireplace in living room (wood)
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and 1 guest toilet
- cable television (SwisscomTV)
- utility room with washing machine
- open kitchen with electric hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, coffee machine, electric kettle, mixer and toaster
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm), sofa bed (measuring 190 by 140cm) and television
- bedroom with king size bed (measuring 190 by 180cm)
- 2 bedrooms, each with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm) and bathroom en-suite
- bedroom with 2 single beds (measuring 190 by 90cm)
- bathroom with double washbasin, bath, shower, toilet and hairdryer
- 2 en-suite bathrooms, each with single washbasin, shower, toilet and hairdryer
Exterior of this holiday home
- outside sitting area and outside dining area
- 2 private parking spaces
- skislope and skilift within 500 meters of the house
- nearest town: La Tzoumaz (within 2 kilometers of the house)
- nearest riverbank or shore: Lac & Parc des Iles (within 25 kilometers of the house)
- nearest park: Defis de la Riviere (within 3 kilometers of the house)
- nearest airport: GVA ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- second nearest airport: ZRH ( > 100 kilometers of the house)
- public transport: bus within 2 kilometers and train within 25 kilometers of the house
- smoking not allowed
- pets are not allowed
- The accommodation is very suitable for families with children
Facilities and services included in the rental price of this holiday home
- internet (WiFi)
- vacuum cleaner and iron and ironing board
- bed linen and towels
- game console (PlayStation 3)
- floor heating
- children beds/cots (on demand)
Entertainment and leisure activities for your holidays in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- bar (within 5 kilometers from the house)
- water park (Les Bains de Saillon) (within 25 kilometers from the house)
Sights and culture in La Tzoumaz, 4 Vallees
- church (Chapelle de l'Ascension) (within 5 kilometers from the accommodation)
- architectural building (Iserables Raccards) (within 10 kilometers from the accommodation)
- monument (La Vidondee) (within 25 kilometers from the accommodation)
- skiing, hiking, mountainbiking and cycling (within 1000 meters of the house)
- tennis and climbing (within 5 kilometers of the house)
- fishing (within 10 kilometers of the house)
- surfing (within 25 kilometers of the house)
Please note that for this accommodation a security deposit of Fr 1.000,00 is required. For more information please see our Rental Conditions.
Official accommodation identification number: 1186000
IMPORTANT TO KNOW: The prices for Chalet Chalet No 58 in La Tzoumaz are indicated on the price list per week including additional costs. This does not mean that you should always rent a week. Outside the high season you can freely choose your arrival and departure day by clicking on the availability calendar the desired dates, the rent is automatically calculated. If desired, you can book directly online with immediate confirmation.